Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DLeino

RSLynx / 1761 NET ENI

7 posts in this topic

I'm trying to add a Micrologix 1100 to the plant network. It's connected to EthernetIP through a 1761 NET ENI module. I added its IP address to the ETH1 driver and I can see it when 'Lynx autobrowses. When I add a new topic in RSLynx I can get the 1761 NET ENI module to show up but I can't see beyond it to the processor. Shouldn't it be like an ENBT module in ControlLogix, you know, where you can click on the "+" to the left and every device connected to it is browsed and displayed? Or even better, like the switch connected to a SLC5/04 where it's totally transparent and only the processor is browsed? Thanx in advance.

Have you configured and confirmed that the 1100 is communicating to the ENI. Usually the ENI is transparent once Linx establishes contact with the 1100. Also what version of Linx are you using. The 1100 is fairly new and you will need the correct EDS for Linx to recognize it.

This might be a silly question but since the 1100 has a built-in Ethernet port, why are you bothering with a 1761 NET ENI? Those things are notoriously unreliable over the long term.

On the side of the 1100 does it say DO NOT CONNECT DIRECTLY TO A ENI? I would bet at least 1 cold beer that all of them I have used said NOT to do that. Check your part numbers and verify you have not damaged your port. Tim I owe you at least 1 cold beer. What do you drink? I am WRONG it says not to connect to a port splitter. I needed to get my hands on my demo to make sure. I still have the same question all the others have why use a ENI with a Ethernet capable PLC. The new 1100 will do E-Mail. So that should not be an issue. Edited by JAK

It seems it has a warning about not connecting the port splitter to channel 0, but can't remember for sure about the ENI Of course I'm still wondering why you need an ENI with the 1100.

Ok, I got the ML wrong, it's a 1500. I've looked on Rockwell's website for the EDS file for the ML1500 and can't seem to find it.

The 1761-NET-ENI doesn't work like a CIP bridge like the 1756-ENBT does. Instead, it "assumes the identity" of the controller to which it is connected. All you see in RSLinx is the controller identity and program name. The most difficult part is being sure that you have the 1761-NET-ENI serial port and the MicroLogix serial port configured the same. The defaults are identical with the exception (according to my recollection) that the 1761-NET-ENI defaulted to 38400 baud and the MicroLogix defaulted to 19200. Usually I default the MicroLogix serial port settings, set the Net-ENI to 19200 baud and I'm off to the races.