Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kiwi Nate

Comments in Excel

5 posts in this topic

Hi all, I have GX Dev V8.03, upgrading is not an option at this stage. My question is about entering device comments. I always have to go back and edit them to get the line breaks to line up. The newer versions I have seen, have a little display box showing you what it will look like when you press OK. Man, wish I had that. Now, a little while ago (from memory) someone had made a spreadsheet where the cell was capped at 8 char etc etc. I am unable to find it with my search effort. Anyone know where it is? Failing that, I had a play with excel, I had a go using left, mid etc and then failing them, used in the data tab a cell limit, but these don't work effieciently for me. What are your guy ideas? p.s please dont say upgrade!

I don't understand your full question. According to the following site, there's no built in way to limit character input in Excel, but they show you a few ways of accomplishing that with input validation. http://excel.tips.net/Pages/T003150_Settin...t_on_Cells.html

this is what i use MitsubishiComment.zip

I'm not sure what version it came about it, but when you turn on the comment tool (toolbar button or bottom of Edit menu) when you double click on any object on the screen it edits the comment, and this shows a preview window to show what the comment will look like. But this is editing comments one at a time, not in a spreadsheet.