Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
auto_cj

conditioning 100mV to 10V input for MAD42 card

4 posts in this topic

I am weighing my idea of buying a 200$+ universal signal conditioner VS building a small op amp to linearly scale a 0-100mV to 0-10V PLC signal which is to be read by my CJ1M CPU13, MAD42 card. I have not ever built a OP amp before for use inside a contorl cabinet, is it a good idea? Coud someone give me some direction, caveats etc.? I was going to simply buy a monolithic IC OP amp, the correct resistors, and a couple of voltage regulators (BIASing) and hope for the best! Does The MAD42 have any hidden capabilites to perform this already?

Quite frankly I cannot be bothered with farting around with bits and pieces these days - my time is more valuable. Buy a converter and do not waste your time.

Not sure but i think your MAD 42 can read 0-20 mA. Maybe you could just make a 0-20mA loop with a 5 Ohm resistor

nope, that should better be 500 Ohm (10V/5Ohm=2Amp and this is short circuit for transducer output; on the other hand 10V/500 Ohm = 0.02Amp=20mA) But before you do that, check what is the maximum output current of your device. Many devices with 0..10V output can only work with much lower current, such as 1mA or so (again, expecting 20mA here would mean shorting sensor output).