Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mr_electrician

Time stamp

7 posts in this topic

Hello, is it possible to time stamp a fault? I would like to know how many times and at what time each particular fault occured? I am using a S7-200. Edited by mr_electrician

Are these faults you are generating and logging or are you looking for a built in alarm history? When I want to log errors in my program (my errors), I use READ_RTC to read the real time clock and store that information with my error information.

Thats what I would like to do. I am not to familiar with the read RTC instruction and it does not give a very good example on how to use it. I just want to be able to go online and look in the PLC in a storage area, and log no more than 20 occurances. These are my own errors I made with M bits. Edited by mr_electrician

The description of READ_RTC is perfectly clear in the software. Right click on the command and pick help. When triggered, it will drop the clock value into 8 consecutive bytes. You specify the first byte on the T input. The format of the output data is also shown in the help for the command inside of the software.

I have figured out how to use the READ_RTC by referring to your download of automatic daylight savings adjustment.

My only issue now with fully understanding this function is when I compare for example VB4 the real time value is 87 and climbing. The time in the plc is 57 minutes. What am I missing? Same with the seconds. The hour seem to read properly.

Hi, please read the next document and you will get the necessary instructions inside. nubitek_free_utils_manual_v1.0_en.pdf Please, not to be considered as advertising. dekor