Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RTRBURN

ASCII Hex convert to BIN Decimal

8 posts in this topic

I am trying to convert Ascii Hex value to a BIN value but when I try to the DHABIN, HABIN, DDHABIN commands it crashes the CPU. Heres a ex: [HABIN D(ASCII) D(BIN)] Any Ideas. This is on a Q series.

DHABIN section of the Q programming manual. Any help?

what CPU (part number), what is the exact instruction and parameters (no overlap for example), what is the exact input value that causes crash (is the input code valid hex number, do you get error code 4100 and SM0 bit set)?

CPU: Q02HCPU Here is the exact instruction: [DHABIN D4638 D5200] I get the 4100 alarm but my hex values are in the 30h-39h D4638 is data (32 BIT) that is sent in ASCII and the Hex Value is: D4638= H3131 D4639= H3231 Which is a value of 1112, which is displayed on a ASCII display on the GOT, which is all correct.

Won't DHABIN used D4638, D4639,D4640 and D4641? Doesn't explain why HABIN doesn't work though.

DHABIN: The D means the result is 32 bit. The instruction acts on 4 consecutive 16 bit addresses D4638...D4641. So D4640 and D4641 are likely to be H0000,H0000. Hence the fault. Edited by Veganic

Veganic hit this one right on... You must be reading empty words. You don't need the D in front, that will cut it down to 2 words input. And you should move H3030 into the other word (2 zeros). H00 is the code used to terminate a string.