Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FedEx

Yaskawa SMC3010 Data Exchange

7 posts in this topic

I have a Yaskawa SMC3010 controller that has an array of 250 elements. I need to write data from a CQM1H-CPU51 to these array elements in the Yaskawa controller. I would also like to read from another array, but first things first. I am using the two comm ports on the CPU for programming communication and a touchscreen. The SMC3010 is connected to two other SMC3010's via an Ethernet hub, which has one port open. Should I junk the CQM1H in favor of another processor(I currently use lots of CQM1H's)? Is there an elegant solution using the CQM1H? I am no communication expert, and the little I have done using CX-Programmer reading/writing ASCII, left a lot to be desired. What are my options in cost, programming time, hardware availability? Thanks for any help you can provide. FX

Uh....Could you point us to some link that might give us a clue on what a Yaskawa SMC3010 controller is?...I mean like, I never heard of this dude...Cqm1H is limited to serial and controller link communications..maybe you oughta consider something bigger like, uh...a CJ1 or a CS1?....(Help me out, Sleepy or BobB)

Sorry guys, I am new to this hardware also. I guess I assumed (bad thing) you guys may have had experience with it. Here is the link to the controller information. http://www.yaskawa.com/web/nProducts.nsf/b...6e?OpenDocument Let me know if I can provide you with any more information. Thanks in advance for any help. FX

This forum is not intended for actual specifications, quoting and pricing. Please see your local Omron representative.

Have not used a CQM1 for quite a while now. Have replaced this PLC with the low end processor from the CJ1 range (CJ1M-CPU12). A lot more functions to work with and make life easier for programming. Unfortunately I am unable to assist with Modbus TCP. Have not used it or even investigated the protocol structure at this stage. Edited by BobB

This implies to me that they are setup parameters for the drive to follow a profile etc therefore download speed ie Ethernet is probably not required and as Jay mentioned Serial, whether RS232 or RS485 comms is a good option. Using Protocol Macro would also make your ladder programming quite simple. Another option although not available on the CQM1H but on the champion of PLC's the CJ1 series might i suggest also to have a look at a devicenet option. I know of an application with a SEW motion controller similiar in specs to the one you mentioned that comm'd with Devicenet quite happily. Feed back of the posistion was also constantly fed back...

Thanks for your time and input. I think I am leaning toward the SCB41 and a protocol macro. I have never used CX-Protocol, but I think I may give this a try. Thanks again to all. FX