Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nifpe

Another Mitsi beginner Q

10 posts in this topic

Hey there, Just trying to wrap my head around gx dev fx after working solely in RSLogix. I'm trying to write to my little 1n as if I'm 'downloading' in logix but it must have quirks I cant find info on (programming manual 2 for the fx series is what I've downloaded). I'm getting a range error that I cant find a description for anywhere and the only thing I see is that the range of what I'm trying to write is one step larger than what is on the plc. Do I need to clear the plc every time I've changed the program a bit ? I'm sure its something really basic. Thanks for any guidance. Scott.

not sure what range we are talking about. can you post screenshot of the message?

In order to help, I would say that screen captures would be best. I've worked with GX for years, and dont recall ever seeing a 'range error'. You should not have to clear the PLC before each download.

Is he talking about the device settings? Say he had 1000 for his data registers and he tried a D2000 would it come up that error?

Hi there A range error can come up if you allocate memory to file register and or comment file, and have not allowed enough. open parameter settings and click on check.

Hey there, Just back to work. Opening FX parameters I see settings for the memory, comments,register and program. The memory capacity is what I've got on the processor? (kb?) I can save comments to the processor? Hitting check there are no errors, what is this checking against? Doesnt seem to be checking against the comments and data files associated with the program I've got open. Memory capacity is 8000, comments 0, register 0, and program 8000 steps. How do I assign values here? I'm not even sure what a block is in this context, a chunk of processor memory? My assumptions : memory capacity - tells me what Ive got on the processor and would change if I added ram comments - I can assign a block of processor ram to the comments and alias' Ive attached to my I/0 etc program steps- I just need to keep this number higher than the steps in my actual program What are the 'points'? kb? Thanks for any feedback and patience with a complete noob. Scott. Edited by nifpe

Are you getting the "range error" when trying to download to the PLC? If so, are you trying to download comments?

Hey Jross, Yes, I am trying to write to the plc and have only checked the box for program and the range for the steps there is 'all'. Scott.

I believe the attached image is the error you are getting. I got that when I set the PLC to a memory capacity of 2000 steps, then tried to download a program with the memory capacity set to 8000 steps. Try downloading the parameters along with the program. Somewhere along the line, the PLC was set to a smaller memory allocation than the program you are trying to download.

Hey there, That is the exact situation, thanks so much. I'll try it out today. Scott.