Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dekor

IMC-S class upload problem

5 posts in this topic

Dear friends, Please help me to solve next problem: I have two identical machines which use IMC-S class. For one of them it was necessary to replace the IMC. On the new IMC was no program inside. I want to copy the program from the IMC of the good machine into the IMC which has been replaced. When I try to upload I receive an error message" Fail to stop program". Then I try to stop the program using the stop button from the GML commander. I receive the same message. I use the GML commander vers. 4 and the firmware of the IMC is 303003.9A Dear friends, please guide me to copy the program from one IMC to other. dekor.

A very busy controller can be difficult to stop. Sometimes pressing the button twice in quick succession will work. Also, if there is a remote connection to a PLC, the PLC may be commanding it to run as soon as it sees that it has stopped. Usually, though, the terminal window will show the program stop and then restart if the PLC is sending a run program command. If all else fails, you can try the kill command, which will disable all axes, set the servo output signals to 0, and stop the program, setting the watchdog fault. You will have to hard reset the controller to recover from the kill command, and be sure that the above actions won't create a hazard before you perform this action. IIRC the kill command looks like an e-stop button in GML Commander. Paul

Dear Paul, first off all, thank you for response. I am not very familiar with this kind of controller, and my questions may look strange. My controller have a 485 connection and also Remote I/O. Do you suggest to disconnect both of them and then to try to stop the controller? If this fail, the kill command will not affect the program inside the controller( excepting the stop of execution) ? Assuming this, for hard reset I must press the reset button on the controller (below the red LED's ) ? After hard reset it is necessary other precautions, like upload the program (or script) or something else? dekor.

The kill command will cause a watchdog timeout, but will not erase the user program or variables. Again, make sure the machine is safely stopped first. To restart it, you can use the reset pushbutton or cycle power to the controller. Edited by OkiePC

To expand on Paul's excellent responses. Here is the link to the Rockwell Literature Library. == http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/i...e_category.hcst My search for IMC_S User yielded several Manuals.