Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vtengine

How To run custom program?

5 posts in this topic

How would I run a c++ program in a plc. I need 32 analog inputs that feed into a c++ program. The c++ program does analysis on the data. Then I need the 32 analog signals output on a HMI along with analysis results and controls a machine. I want to aviod a pc. Please help me with this problem. I have just started working with PLCs.

what plc we are talking about? some have structured text but this is more pascal like language so you would have to convert it. does it have to be C? some controllers may allow custom extension using C but this is not something i'm familiar with. another option is to avoid both PC and PLC and use microcontroller for example.

Give this company a call. ( see link below) http://www.controlmicrosystems.com/

There are some specialty modules for some platforms that will run native C, and pass it to the PLC. Which PLC did you have in mind?

I don't have any particle brand name plc in mind. I was wondering first how I would do this type of application. Now that I have made more research on it, I think I should use a compactPCI. I know this is mrPLC and not MrPCI , but does anyone have useful information for me?