Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
justwhy2003

baby PLC

10 posts in this topic

Hi Does anyone have any recommendations on a small small PLC for controlling a process requiring 5 inputs 2/3 outputs and display time of day. justwhy2003

Siemens S7-221 (6In/4Out) and a TD100 to display/set TOD ? Edited by Mike Dyble

yeah thatl do but maybe something cheaper, like under 50 squid...

Take a look at Automation Direct: http://web4.automationdirect.com/adc/Shopp..._PLC)/PLC_Units The demo software is good for upto 100 Words, I believe.

What about a Mitsubishi Alpha2 or Siemens Logo, they both have built-in LCD display and doesn't cost so much Software for Mitsubishi Alpha is free, don't know about Siemens Logo

Klockner Moeller smart relay (sometimes called a Pico PLC)

www.heapg.com Look at the XLe or XLt Both a PLC and HMI price 300 dollars and up

TECO smart relay with LCD screen: http://www.factorymation.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.22/.f 6 in / 4 out for 89.00 USD 12 in / 8 out for 129.00 USD Software is free, cable is around 20.00 USD. I've been using these as replacements for the PICO, because of the pricing advantage. So far, no complaints. Can be programmed via ladder or Function Block.

ok thanks, thats lots and lots. i think my main problem now is finding one that has a high operating temperature, they all seem to go up to 55 degrees celcius or so and i may be looking at 70

I don't think you will find many, at least not in the low end section. 70 degrees is pretty high "operating temperature". Can't you deal with the high temperature any other way? Cooling?