Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Taotaoba

Bright pilot light

7 posts in this topic

Does anybody know suitable pilot lights under direct sunlight? I have built a mobile control panel used outdoor, and the customer complained about the visibility of the pilot light under direct sunlight. The pilot lights used are A-B 800T LED 24V type. I checked the lights myself and I think it's OK because of the special design of the light cap. You can see if the light is on or off even under very bright sunlight. But the customer is not completely satisfied. I've done some homework but cannot find a product suitable. Is there anybody having similar experiences? I'm looking for some suggestions. Thanks in advance. Edited by Taotaoba

I would go with something like a Banner K50LGRYPQ. The advantage of them is that it is a single light that can be red, amber, and green...but mainly while it is off it is a white. So it is obvious. White is off, if it is any shade of red, amber, or green, then that output is one. No sun glare problems. They are also very bright. I keep waiting on one of them to break so I can take it apart and see how it works

I was at a tradeshow recently and a vendor was demonstrating Fusetek LED bulbs that will fit into standard 22 or 30mm pilot lights. I must say the increase in brightness was amazing compared to the Siemens and ABB units that I had been using. http://fusetek.com/member_images/LEDBulbTechSheet.pdf

Use one of these and knock yourself out. ( I mean the light of-course)

Thank all you guys! The Banner K50 looks cute, but most of lights on my panel are white. The Fusetek BA9S is certainly worth a look. I might try to get one to test it. I also got some hints on products from LEDTRONICS. Check this link out: http://www.ledtronics.com/pages/downloads/panel.pdf. It even boasts as "sunlight visible super bright"! How delightful! Thanks again for all the inputs!

Actually a customer was very hesitant to use them because the lense protrudes beyond the panel without a protective metal guard. We threw them at the wall many times and were only able to scratch them.

TW, the color code required in my case is Red for FAULT, Amber for WARNING, White for NORMAL operations. I cannot use K50 for white lights. There's no color changing, just ON and OFF. But still thanks for the explanation and the image.