Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dave

Ethernet Set-Up - Q02 with E71 module to E1101

5 posts in this topic

I have a simple one-to-one set-up comprising a Q02 plc with E71 Ethernet module, linked to an E1101 HMI. I've got these set-ups working in the past, more by hit and miss trial than anything else. (I'd like to know the correct/ideal settings at both the PLC and HMI end.) In the HMI (E-Designer), I have peripheral set up for the plc 192.168.1.1 (should I be using TCP or UDP here?) and in network connections I have TCP/IP connection 1 set up as 192.168.1.2 In the plc (GX-Developer), under network parameters, I have operational settings as 192.168.1.1 and nothing else set. (Should I be declaring any open settings, target IP address, port numbers, etc.?) The E71 module and E1101 are linked via a simple Ethernet switch and my intention is to use a spare port on the switch for ongoing use of both E-Designer and GX-Developer. Any guidance greatly appreciated. The manuals go into some detail about multi-node systems, transparent mode and passthrough, but I can find nothing anywhere about the simple basic requirement above. Edited by dave

I have no experience with E-series HMIs but in general HMIs would use transparrent mode to talk to PLCs (nothing required from PLC side except initializing communication port). Tipically HMIs would be happy with same settings you would use for programming on same port. With the GX Developer you would need to assign: - Starting I/O (base address of the module) - Network number (1 for example) - Group number (0 for example) - Station Number (1 for example). HMIs could be 2 and 3, your laptop 10 etc. (yes you can skip) - Mode (such as Online) Also under Operational Setting you will want to setup IP address (your addresses look just fine, very common for class C network) . Here is what I was using for programming (Laptop) and HMIs (PCs running VB and MX-components) Your HMI manual should offer more clues but I hope others chime with more tips.

When I do this I connect the Q -> RS422 port -> E1101 with a CAB16 I think. Transparent mode is dragged to Ethernet in E-designer. I then use a port redirector to use GX dev. to access the PLC via a COM port redirected to the network address of theE1101. ( eg. http://www.lantronix.com/device-networking...edirector.html) Plug the E1101 into the LAN and I can access both the HMI and PLC from the comfort of my desk with only the occasional hangup. This is brief as it may be not what you want, just letting you know you can do it without the E71. Hope my first post is of some help. Edited by Veganic

The settings for both the E-terminal and the PLC are documented in the help files in GX Developer. Once you have selected the proper controller type, there is controller help which can be accesed and shows how to set the pair up. Go to the Help menu, and select Controller Help.

Hi and thanks. I have to use Ethernet as the end user wishes to connect this system to a SCADA network at some point in the near future.