Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
enigma

Question about 1784-pcd install

7 posts in this topic

Info: 1784-PCD card version C Driver software 4.03 for Windows 95/98/Me/2000/XP Computer laptop dual boot XP SP2/2000 SP4 I have tried to install the card in Windows 2000. I get to the final screen of the update device driver wizard and it states: Allen_Bradley_Company_Inc. 1784-pcd/c An error occurred during the installation of the device. Access denied. I then tried to install under Windows XP. No Problem!!! Card works. Has anyone had a problem installing the drivers for the 1784-PCD card on Windows 2000 SP4??? Any Ideas what might be preventing the install??? Thanks in advance. Edited by enigma

Who u logged is as on the 2k machine?

Just a wild thought but check the Interrupt, Address and Memory assigns on the Xp box versus the 2K box. The PCMK used to have a problem with assignment of interrupts under 2K and the PCD may be experiencing a similiar problem.

It never gets that far. The drivers never get installed. When I go to the Device Manager the 1784-PCD is there with a yellow exclamation mark. When I double click on it, it shows that the driver is not installed. And on the resource popup, there are question marks in the place for interrupt,address and memory designations. The PCMK installs with no problems on Windows 2000.

you might want to find a driver specific for Win2k instead of Win XP...

That would be nice but there is nothing at the rockwell site that would help.