Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dcalderonv

1756-DHRIO Channel Not ON LINE

5 posts in this topic

Hello, I am trying to make a gateway between EthIp and DH+ using 1756-ENBT/A 4.3 and 1756-DHRIO/D Rev 6.2. The problem is when I connect channel A to the DH+ bus, because the status indicator remains green, the channel B indicator flashes green (because it is not connected) and the channel A indicator remains OFF. In the manual it says that the channel is not on line and the action to solve it is "Place channel on line". Well, I haven't found yet how could I do that because it doesn't appear how to do it. I have already checked: Baudrate 57.6k No repeated nodes in the link. Terminal resistors OK Thanks a lot.

What are your dip switch setting?

I have set the channel A node address dip switches to 25, which is ok because it is indicating that on the alphanumeric display. The other dip switch is at 0 indicating the DH+ network @ 57.6k. The only thing I need to understand is what "Channel Not ON LINE" means and how to put it on line. Thanks

Have you set up the module in RSlinx, if you right click the module there is further configuration that you must do to set it up. Download the module manual from the A-B website and see section 3 - Using Programming Software in DH+ Applications

Maybe this will help; DHRIOGatewayConfig.pdf