Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BITS N BYTES

CP1L-L Built in Analog functions

8 posts in this topic

The brochures AND operating manual for the CP1L processors show that the Analog Adjuster and External Analog Setting Input are available for all CP1L processors. Since this is such a new product in the USA there appears to be some confusion whether the smallest models CP1L-L14 and CP1L-L30 actually have Analog functions. Distributor a bit vague, OMRON USA not sure. Can anyone confirm one way or another IF they are included on these small CPU's. See attached pages from manual. CP1L_Analog_Functions.pdf

Here is a colour leaflet onb the CP1L/H series that has lots of good info. http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=763 I have been using the CP1L on small jobs for some time now - USB interface is very fast - cannot wait till it is on the CJ1 series. When they do it I hope they get rid of the peripheral port but keep the serial port unless there is a way to connect the Promi bluetooth serial ports to USB.

Thanks for replies. I already seen and read all the documents you posted. What confuses me is that OMRON USA and our local distributor do NOT have a CP1L-L14 or CP1L-L20 in stock to open up and confirm if the hardware for the analog function is ACTUALLY on these model CPU's. So they are saying the analog functions are NOT AVAILABLE on these units in spite of all documentation and sales brochures saying it is. Does anyone physically have these models and can check!!

I just pulled a CP1L-L14DR-A off the shelf. It DOES have the analog adjuster (pot) and a cable to plug into the unit for the remote adjuster. I was pretty sure they were there. The CPM1 and CPM2 units had that capability. Would not have made any sense to remove it on the replacement. But I do understand your concern! Just curious, do you remember who you talked to at Omron? Hope this will help! Edited by gtsuport

Thank you gtsuport! Alex Nowak was the contact.

I'll have a talk with Alex! Thanks

Just to follow up on this topic, I did talk to Omron USA tech support. They are aware that the CP1L series does have the analog adjusters onboard. Sorry for any confusion this has caused.