Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BITS N BYTES

Modbus-RTU Easy Master - CP1L PLC's

8 posts in this topic

Operation Manual W462 for the CP1L Series processors discusses implementation of a Modbus-RTU Easy Master application. The manual shows examples when connected to OMRON devices. I would assume that the Modbus-RTU Easy Master can be used with ANY Modbus RTU compatible slave device. Can anyone confirm this or has experience with Modbus-RTU Easy Master application on a CP1L processor?

Hi B&B, I cannot confirm or have experience but I would too asume the Modbus protocol used with Modbus Easy master is fully compliant with Modbus standards. Some documents on Modbus Easy Master here and here.

PDL, thanks for the reply. I had already read the document links you kindly posted. But these do not confirm ABSOLUTELY that the Modbus Easy Master is compatible with non OMRON devices.

I would be surprised if they are not... that would not be Omron style

Modbus-RTU Easy Master can be use for communication with non omron devices. I used it for a communication with 2 UNIDRIVE inverter without any problem. the only limitation is that you can use only function 03 hex and 10 hex. so you have to first check your device.

Bits & Bytes Yair is correct. Easy Modbus works with any standard Modbus RTU device. I have also used it with non-Omron devices and they work just fine. PMCR

Thanks everyone for all the feedback on the Modbus-RTU Easy Master application. Too bad the manual isn't a bit more specific!

It is pretty specific. Modbus RTU is Modbus RTU...