Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Morten AA

Manual for serial gateway

12 posts in this topic

Hi. What manual describes best the use of serial gateway on the hostlink port on cj/cs cpu? I want to expirence a little with modbus. Morten. PS. does anyone know if the CP1L modbus application is coming on the cj/cs cpu?

I have not worked with CP1L yet. Which Modbus application do you mean ?

Hi PdL. Thanks for the good answer. I've attached a pdf file, about the modbus thing on the cp1. I found it in another topic. Morten Easy_Modbus_Master_1_.pdf

Thanks Morten, very interesting!! I am definitely going to ask my local Omron rep about this. I guess it would just be a matter of implementing this on the CJ series as well...

CJ2?

Say again Bob?

OOPS! Cat out of the bag? Later this year I hear. Have you seen the specs on the latest CS1 high end processors? More grunt and cheaper. Have quoted one on a job.

Don't do much CS, mostly CJ.... so you can bet I will be looking into this CJ2!!

CS too I hear - new processors - faster and possibly cheaper. Also hear will be triggering the release of a new version of CX-One.

You might be called the old phfaart but there's nothing wrong with your hearing Bob!

I guess it depends on who one listens to Pim. Listen to lots of 'voices' when drinking huge red wine - YUM!!!

More information on Serial Gateway from the author of the Easy Modbus material. SerialGatewayFunction.pdf