Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PLC4me

CPM1A alarm Status.

9 posts in this topic

I ran into a weird situation on my new setup, I have a CPM1A and a NT2S HMI connected together with OMRON 225 cable. I then proceed to connected my computer to the HMI via the serial port so I can change the NT2S at which point the NT2S black out and PLC alarm out. I beleive the reason of this problem was because I was using a positif grounded source for the PLC and my laptop has a negatif grouded source. Final result is that I am left with a CPM1A that is in a alarm condition I can not clear out, because I can not communicated with the PLC anymore the CX-Programmer cant find it. OK my question is can you clear this alarm without having to communicate with it? and if I am able to clear this alarm will my communication come back?

Firstly, I would remove the ground connection from the PLC power supply for now. I guess you have tried to power cycle the CPU ? Are you sure your laptop serial port is still working ? Try booting it and see if the COMM led flickers when you try to connect from CX-Programmer. Can you test it on the NT2S or any other equipment? You will need to clear the error with a programming tool.

This was my mistake I knew I needed to use a different source for the PLC. Trying to save time by making quick connection just to see the program run, is not always a good thing. As far as of trying to cycle power to the unit, "YES" I did. Also my Laptop is fine along with my NT2S I was able to continue my work with my spare PLC. The programming tool solution is what I tough you me say, the problem is that I no longer have access to one. Is there another OMRON device that will let me connect a CPM1A with my laptop without using the CIFO RS232 interface? Edited by PLC4me

No, not really.. I find it very strange you can't connect anymore. So you don't see any COMMS led activity at all when connecting? Are you sure the dipswitch on the CIF is on Host Link, because I can imagine you put it on NT link when connecting the NT2S. Did you change the port setup on the CPM1A to anything other than default ?

.You can connect directly to the PLC with a handheld programmer, model C200H-Pro27

I do see some LED activity on the comms Led of the PLC, it flashed slowly not the brigh and almost always ON like it is with a normal PLC. As far as the dip switch on the CIF, I am on host, like I said I use the same cable and hardware ( just change the plc) and was able to connect. If the port setting did change for any reason,should the auto connection (ON cx-programmer) find the new setting? I am not giving up hope yet, but I start to beleive I may not be able to do anything. The only solution I forth see is if there is a hard reset like factory reset type of example. I dont know maybe by connecting two pin or some sort of press here to factory reset would be very helpful right now. Thank you all for trying to help me with this problem and please keep asking question, I will answer then. Hopefully this will be the solution. Edited by PLC4me

Tha fact that your laptop port, cable and CIF are working on another system but still you can't connect to this CPU leads me to think the peripheral port might actually be damaged. Also if the COMMS led is continuously lit weakly this doesn't sound good The error log area is backed up up by a capacitor for about 20 days. I have never tried to open it up and disconnect the capacitor. But still, even if there is any fatal or non-fatal error present, you should be able to connect if there is no port damage, as this is the only way to clear the error besides waiting... If the answer is no, you should be able to connect by CXP with default Toolbus @ 9600. If not I would send it out for repair.

Thanks, I think thats what I will do. Thank you.