Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Transistor

Converting from FX2 to FX3U: 6402 memory capacity setting error

7 posts in this topic

PLC: FX3U-80M Software: GX Developer 7.01B (I haven't upgraded to 8 yet.) Connection: via MAC e710 HMI I'm having a spot of bother here. I've "successfully" transferred my old program to the new PLC but I have a flashing Error LED. Special registers show: D8002: 8 D8003: 16 (8 and 16 are correct for >16k according to manual) D8004: 8064 (pointer to error register) D8064: 6402 (error code: Memory capacity setting error.) It looks like I have the memory set up incorrectly. The help file says, "STOP the programmable logic controller, select the parameter mode, set the correct data." What other information would be useful in resolving this? Many thanks.

seams like you have to go to parameters and see memory assignments. there should be button to check settings. adjust ranges until you get no error. if it doesn't work, post screenshot of your current settings.

Most probably the problem is caused because of your Gx-Developer being old. Your plc is running on FX2N compatible mode. I read it on some manulam but i can't find it now. FX2N has 8K internal memory you needed a memory card to expand to 16K. What about D8102? Number D8102 Name Memory capacity Contents Memory capacity Details 0002: 2K (2000 steps) 0004: 4K (4000 steps) 0008: 8K (8000 steps) 0016: 16K (16000 steps) 0032: 32K (32000 steps) 0064: 64K (64000 steps) Also reset to default when CPU is switched to RUN. Applicable CPU Not FX0(S),FX0N,FX1,FXU/FX2C

FX3U wasn't supported until 8.25. You need to upgrade to the right version of software.

Thanks for the warning. I'm about to purchase the FX only version GX-DEV=FX-C1. I'll double check.

Current GX-FX in US is 8.45. The FX3U has 64k built in. The FX2N had 8. The default in a new FX3U project is 16K (which would allow you to use the smaller memory cassette if desired), but it's a parameter settings to make it 64K. Once you have current software, all you need to do is select 'Change PLC type...' in the Project menu. Change to FX3U and download. No problems. Done this many times already.