Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
justwhy2003

Timer question

5 posts in this topic

Hello On an FX1N i require a timer that will time for over an hour. its to set the on and off times for a pump. The max resolution of the timers available is 100mS and the timers only go as far as 32768 ie 54 minutes. I was trying to use a counter with the minute pulse bit (m8014) but i need the same non-retentive operation of a timer. Is the only solution to use 2 timers in series, im entering the timer values via a D register, this method means i will have to half the register value and give it to both timers. is there a simpler solution like a timer with a larger resolution? Thanks Justin

I was trying to use a counter with the minute pulse bit (m8014) but i need the same non-retentive operation of a timer. Can't you reset the counter when needed?

yeah i probably could but i was hoping for a tidier solution. Im going for the 2 timers in series and halving the register value between the 2, it seams to work well. thanks

Justwhy2003 If you used the counter and what ever conditions that become true or false that would reset a timer. You could use the same conditions to reset (RST) a counter. Rodney

I would use the 1-second clock pulse to trigger a counter, count 60 pulses, that's a minute, then count 60 of those for an hour. As for the non-retentive effect, why not reset the counters when the operation is not active?