Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ken Moore

GE-Fanuc HMI I/O drivers

4 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy I/O driver updates without being in support?

Are you talking about the latest version of their drivers for Proficy View? I don't think you can purchase them as a separate item. If you can get your distributor to give you a copy of the Machine Edition CD, I'm pretty sure you can update drivers from it without having to relicense. Having said that, I have to admit I may be confusing things between Proficy View and Cimplicity HMI.

I'm looking to purchase driver updates for iFix & Fix32. I currently have version 6.xxx and the latest is 7.xx. If I were in support I could download them at no charge. I want the drivers, but don't need the support contract, it's an older installation that has been running for 10+ years without much change. I'm having an issue with one of the drivers not supporting private IP addresses.

No, but just think of purchasing support as the purchase of the driver updates. If they were availabel they would charge you the same anyway. At this point it is all about you getting what you want and GE Fanuc getting paid for it, why do you care what the transaction is called?