Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jltm84

Upload, but not download

8 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm new with PLCs omron and I have a problem when comunicating to the plc, I connect with the plc serial port and when I click the "Auto online" button, everything is just fine, the program uploads to my pc with no conflicts at all, but when I try to go online with another program to download using the "Work online" button the software says that it can't connect and maybe the PLC is bussy, which is not because I can upload the plc program at any time. Please help me I've worked for 2 years with plcs Allen bradley and Siemens. Thank you for your support.

Did you check the Settings for the PLC and communications for the "other program"? This information is saved with the program file, not in CX-Programmer. Hope this will help.

Thanks gtsuport for your reply, but I failed to find "other program" could you please explain in detail how to go there. Thanks in advance. Riyaz

Hello jltm84 / Riyaz, Once you have used 'Auto Online', go offline and right click the PLC and select "Change" from the menu. This will open the Change PLC dialogue. Make a note of the Network Type, then click the Network Type Settings button. Make a note of the info on the 'Network' tab. Open the 'Driver' tab, make a note of those settings. Now, when you open your 'new' or 'different' project, set the PLC settings to be the same as the 'Auto Online' settings. Hope this helps.

Thanks anonymous for reply........I I think gtsuport suggesting some other setting "check the Settings for the PLC and communications for the "other program"? Can gtsuport or anybady explain the same? Riyaz

riyazahmad, See anonymous' response. He has explained what I was referring to. Each program file contains communication settings. You need to make sure they are properly set. Hope this will help.

riyazahmad, Are you open two windows of CX? If doing so, as I know CX do not allow to connect another windows on line for the same port, just only one window at the time for the same port. So off line the first windows then go online for the other.

I can connect multiple CX applications and multiple CX-Programmers to the same device (done via serial, ETH even modem). I think this is the point of "CX-Server" to serve the ports to all CX applications. Bertie