Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pabeader

trouble with RSLadder

15 posts in this topic

No matter which Micrologix PLC I select, I get the following message: No response from processor at selected path/node! Any ideas? Edited by pabeader

Are you using RsLadder or RsLogix? How are you trying to connect? Serial DF1 or DH-485, Ethernet, etc Here are some step by step instructions for the serial configuration that may help http://www.twcontrols.com/index.php?option...3&Itemid=38

how are you "selecting" it? ... the most reliable way to go online is through the TOP MENU selections for "COMMS - WHO ACTIVE GO ONLINE" then pick the processor from the RSLinx network display ... Edited by Ron Beaufort

Sorry! I am trying to use RSLadder. I go to RSLinx right-click on the PLC I am interested in. Choose View Ladder Code. At this point I get error message

What software versions are you using and which Micrologix are you trying to connect to? Also, you are using RsLadder 500 and RsLinx Professional or Gateway, correct?

ML1100 RSLinx Pro RSLadder 500 No version info avaiable Ether/IP It works fine with SLC 505 that is also on same network

Need the version of your RsLinx. I'm guessing it is too old. Think it needs to be somewhere around 2.50. Can you get the versions of what you have for us?

Does the Data Monitor Function work when try the ML1100? If not then I suspect TW is right and you need a newer version of RSLinx PRo.

Yes, data monitor works version 2.50.01.01 cpr 7 Edited by pabeader

DO you have RSlogix? If so see if it can open the ML thru the go online function. Unless I am mistaken RSLadder looks at the PLC Name in the RSLinx and tries to find the newest *.rss or *.rsp file for that PLC name. If that ladder file has in incorrect driver config then you might be getting this error. Connecting with RSlogix and saving a "fresh" copy of software may help resolve the RSladder problem. At least it did for me on a couple of occaisions.

Yes I have RSLogix 500 and can connect using Go Online. I've even tried saving a copy after I connected to the PLC. Not that, that should matter. I should be able to connect even without the .rss file.

I am probably way off track here.. so apologies it i am... This may sound stupid but it did catch me out once... The CPU plugs into the base unit.... The base unit has the comm;s lights etc... Make sure that the CPU is fully clicked into the base unit hard... it can look in place but there is no way of telling via the indicator lights etc...

You are able to connect without the rss file as evidenced by the Data Monitor working. Unless Rockwell has changed the way RSLadder operates however you will need a valid rss file to see anything when launching rsladder. To test this delete your rss file for a given 500 plc from your hard drive and disconnect from your file server network and then try and connect to the 500 without an rss file present. It shoudl fail.

it doesn't fail. it just reads the info from the plc and creates the ladder as needed.

Thats an improvement from the last version of RSladder I used.