Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wover98

Need help with RSView Studio, upload .mer file to new

4 posts in this topic

I think I already know the answer to this, but.......... We are running VersaView panels for one of our shippers. I have the Rsview Studio software. However, the person that created the project has left under less than good sircumstances. So, with that said, we do not have the .apa file to restore from. Is there any way that anyone knows of that we can upload the .mer files from the panel and go from there? I fear that I am going to have to start over and rebuild the whole project. But then there is much I do not know about this software. Thanks for any help. Will

Yes you could acquire back up from your exisitng project as 'MER file, just do uploading. But only for filling. you cannot do modification or anything else other than Back up only.

Yes, it can be done, and there is a procedure around here somewhere that details the steps to restore from an exisitng PV+ to a file that can be edited. You may experince a loss of alarm tags, but I think somebody may have a solution for that issue as well. We had to do this once, and, luckily, we found enough alarm info in other documentation to fully restore our lost project. EDIT: Look at this thread http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.ph...hlight=MER+open Edited by OkiePC

I haven't done it yet, Maybe we could do it. I'll try!