Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nibroc

CP1H - CJ1W-SPU

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I am considering installing an SPU unit on an existing CP1H - anyone know if this configuration is OK ? (I can't see any reason why not - CX-Programmer lets me add one in the IO-Table) The CP1H documentation says it will accept any 2 CJ series CPU-Bus or Special I/O units (SPU is a CPU-Bus unit) - however documentation for either product does not mention this configuration. Thanks Nibroc

Hi Nibroc Do you mean CJ1W-SCU21/41, it should be fine You could also use either the CP1W-CIF01/11 if they are available depending on your serial comms Donovan

Hi, No, not an SCU21,31 or 41 - used plenty of these before and yes they work fine on CP1H. I am looking at using a CJ1W-SPU01-V2 onto a CP1H system - this is a CJ1 CPU bus unit, so expect it will be no problem - (CX-Programmer lets me add this in the IO table). Was just trying to confirm - I don't think many people here will have used one? The SPU is a rack mounted data logging unit, this unit can log at very high speeds and is quite flexible. It has a compact flash slot (data is stored on compact flash) and an ethernet port for data transfer. Also available is a trend viewing software (EQ-View) ,data management software and a configuration software package. Nibroc

I did find it odd the mysterious nibroc asking a question on Omron gear, I looked up the unit in the information that I have, couldn't find it, nor in the pricing book..... Sounds pretty pretty powerful little unit though.... No more wonka for me, may be in vegas again next week, when you in the capital again?

Hi Scott ... Not sure - it sounds like a project I priced a few months ago will go ahead - so could be down for a few days commissioning later this year... (will let you know) .. off to Gisborne for the rest of this week ...