Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gengus

A1SH CPU PLC

9 posts in this topic

Hi I am new to Mitsubshi PLC and would like a bit of help with the I/O adressing. A customer has an older A1SH PLC on 2 racks, and would like an extra 16way output module adding to the 3rd slot on the 2nd rack, but with no documentation and no comments in the CPU i am finding it difficult to adress the new inputs. the set up is as follows: RACK No.1 PSU CPU 0-0 32 INPUT CARD 0-1 32 INPUT CARD 0-2 32 OUTPUT CARD 0-3 32 OUTPUT CARD 0-4 8 ANALOGUE INPUTS 0-5 8 ANALOGUE INPUTS 0-6 8 ANALOGUE INPUTS 0-7 8 ANALOGUE INPUTS RACK No.2 1-0 8 ANALOGUE INPUTS 1-2 16 OUTPUT CARD 1-3 16 OUTPUT CARD. What is the lead I/O of this card. Any help would help. Thanks Gengus

this may help: http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopi...entry3726 http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?dlcategory=20 RACK No.1 PSU CPU 0-0 32 INPUT CARD / X0000-X001F 0-32 INPUT CARD / X0020-X003F 0-32 OUTPUT CARD / Y0040-Y005F 0-3 32 OUTPUT CARD / Y0060-Y007F 0-4 8 ANALOGUE INPUTS / XY0080-XY008F 0-5 8 ANALOGUE INPUTS / XY0090-XY009F 0-6 8 ANALOGUE INPUTS / XY00A0-XY00AF 0-7 8 ANALOGUE INPUTS / XY00B0-XY00BF RACK No.2 1-0 8 ANALOGUE INPUTS / XY00C0-XY00CF 1-2 16 OUTPUT CARD / Y00D0-Y00DF 1-3 16 OUTPUT CARD. / Y00E0-Y00EF This is assuming that analog cards take 16 points (you check it out). Bottom line is that addresses are simple hexadecimal numbers. Next cards starts where the last one finished. X and Y are prefixes for inputs or outputs, Special cards have both and in same range.

Thanks for the help. Ive had a look through the PLC code and the highest input address is x101 and y79 for the output. Is it possible to check the actual configuration during monitor mode using GX developer. If so how do you find this function. Thanks Gengus

i corrected addresses for the last two cards (i was showing them before as 32-points). you can use Device Batch Monitor to see live values of i/O (just rightclick on monitored ladder...) this also is handy to identify inputs for example.... you can use Device Test to set/reset unused outputs for example (they call it "force") to see what output comes on. WARNING: depending on machine type this can be dangerous if machine is powered on!!! you can check what addresses are already used in program if you rightclick on ladder and select List Of Used Devices (this works offline as well) afaik there is no way for program to interpret I/O mapping for you, you need to learn what you do. since you are new to this, do yourself a favour and read GX Developer manual, manuals can be found in download section of this forum but there is even more on Mitsubishi website (www.meau.com)

Hi Panic Mode I checked over my customers PLC today, If I am correct the max i/o addressing for the A1SH cpu is 256, This is achieved on 8 slots with 32 i/o each, as the analogue inputs take 32 points the 2nd slot will not work, is this correct. thanks gengus

Actually, the slots are not tied to addresses, so that slot is available. And keep in mind that the A1SH can have an extension rack attached as well. So you're not limited to the 8 slots.

Hi If the 8 modules on the 1ST rack all require 32 i/o, ie 2 off 32 input modules, 2 off 32 output modules and 4 off 8 channel analogue input modules, (8 X 32= 256) the full 256 i/o available would be used and the modules on the 2ND rack would not work is this correct. I have told my customer he must replace the A1SH cpu for a A2HS cpu with 512 i/o available addressing. Again is this correct. Thanks Gengus

A1n CPU's have a max capacity of 256 I/O (from 1998 ACPU manual and Mitsi website). A1SJ is one of these! You need to upgrade to, at least, an A2n prossessor to fullfill your I/O needs. The basic one (A2SHCPU) supports 512 I/O points. And so... Yes, you are perfectly correct! Best Regards Edited by Paul Ked