Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
imounenben

GE communication

8 posts in this topic

please could any body help on this, i want to know what should i use to get communication fro DB15 GE fanuc serie90-30to my DB9 serial communication port. what's the communication protocol used by GE fanuc serie90-30,?

You had a couple of responses at the PLCs.net forum. http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=30886 The name of the the GE Fanuc protocol is SNP or SNPX. What application are you running on your PC that needs to communicate with the 90-30 PLC? Is it the PLC prgramming software or some brand of HMI or SCADA?

thanks steve, i'm running versa pro and IO remote manager . i'm far away to get the horner he693snp232a snp to rs232 adapter, so i want to ensure that implementing that direct cable mentioned in that forum can solve me the problem? GE Fanuc 90-30 Direct Cable 9 pin-F 15 pin-M Rd 2 --------------------------- 12 SD+(B) Td 3 --------------------------- 10 RD+(B') Sig.Gnd. 5 --------------------------- 7 SG RTS 7 ---| --- JUMPER --- |--- 6 RTS+(B) CTS 8 ---| |--- 15 CTS+(B') DTR 4 ---| |--- 8 CTS-(A') DSR 6 ---| |--- 14 RTS-(A) (A)= - (B)= + (A'),(B')= INPUT (A),(B)= OUTPUT thanks for you r time and help

You forgot to add this in your cut-n-paste.

i've tried to implement the cable following data set in this link http://www.plcs.net/dcforum/DCForumID5/1053.html but i didn't get it wor , could any one list for me the communication setting in the versa pro for snp- t1 ,snp-t2,and snp-t4,snp-t5 and also the baud rate used and parity . thanks

Sorry, I can not help with that cable, as I have not tried it, but with this one http://gefanuc.bnsi.net/eforum/showpost.ph...amp;postcount=5 You will need to set all advanced setting to their defaults with baud, parity, and data bits to match the Hardware. Again, if the hardware is at the default value of 19.2k baud, Odd Parity, 8 data bits, match the sotware to this. Do you know what the hadware is set to? This is sometimes changed to use modems. How long is the cable you are trying to use? Is the 15 pin connector on the powersupply or a different module? Is the "Ready" LED of the CPU "ON"?

i don't know the settings for the hardware, but in the veraspro soft the default setting are the same you listed above , however i tried with those setting but i couldn't get it work. the length is less then 2 meter. the OK led is on and the power led is on too, the 15 pin connector is in the power module thanks for your help

If you don't care about recovering the program in the CPU you can restore it to its factory defaults. Doing this will erase the program in the PLC's memory! Turn off the power to the PLC. Remove the battery from the power supply module. Leave the battery disconnected overnight. With no battery to maintain the CPU's RAM, it will be returned to factory default settings. Versa Pro's default settings match the hardware defaults. If you still can't communicate after that, then you know your problem is either: 1. The cable. 2. The port on the PLC. 3. The port on your computer. Did you ever try the cable in the link Russ and I pointed out to you? Not the one for the SLC100 that you cited. Edited by Steve Bailey