Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest nuttaphong

How we can online edit PLC ladder by use internet

8 posts in this topic

How we can online edit PLC ladder by use internet example i stay in my home but i need to modify program in factory how can i do

Search for topics on VPN or Remote communcication in the forums.

I do this all the time via modem - a computer at the other end - both computers run Symantec pcAnywhere - I take over the computer at the other end. Maybe not what you want but it works and is safe - if the connection drops out I just dial back in again and the computer and PLC software are waiting for me.

we do it via modem directly to the PLC or VPN (I like the last because of speed)

are you have information about via modem how to connect

The computer at the other end has the PLC software on board and Symantec pcAnywhere running to receive calls. The modems at both ends are standard modems. I run pcAnywhere at my end and just take over the computer at the other end and program normally. If the link drops out I just dial back in. By the way, the reason I do it this way is that the other end is on the extermity of the reach of the satellite and is also prone to interferance from sun activity, cyclones and inclement weather etc. Drops outs are common. Not good for PLC and SCADA progarmming on line particularly when the site is a live power station. The other thing I have found is that PCI slot and USB modems have been absolutely useless as are most of the modern day serial port modems. I am using 2 old Rockwell chip Nettcom modems and they work fine but the Conexant tyupe have been absolutely useless. Hope the old modems never die.

we use Westermo and from time to time US Robotics. The Westermo is more expensive but all settings can be done by dip switches. We connect directly to the PLC port and use 9600,7,E,2 Sysmac Way (this is historical as being the standard port setting of old C-Plcs) The standard settings of the CJ1 is not such a good idea since it is an auto baudrate. We have had bad experiences with it and now we use dip switch 6 to perform a STUP function to standard Sysmac Way on the peripheral port . The tool CX-Modem can also be very useful.

I send you example for connection PLC via ethernet card CJ1W-ETN21 or integreted card in CPU. ryszard Accessing_Omron_PLCs_via_the_Internet.pdf