Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mulderm

Screensaver with Remote display number

7 posts in this topic

Hello, Using Panelview 1500 Plus panel with RSView ME Studio converted application from Panelview 1200. When I set the screensaver-time at 5 minutes after that I will send the remote display number connection to screen-number 15 (main menu) but nothings happen. Only when I press a key then screensaver disappear, why not by remote display number connection (global connection)? This was working with the old Panelview 1200. mulderm

For the PV+, the screen saver is now part of the Windows CE environment, not the the tightly entwined application and BIOS that the PV featured. To get what you are looking for, you may have to implement a home-brew screen saver in your ME application and shut the Windows option off. If no one is there to see it (hence the screen saver clicking on) does it matter what you have shown on the screen?

Sounds like you need a macro in your app hat sends an ESC key press whenever the commanded remote screen value changes. THis should "fake out" The windows screensaver.

Please send me an example file for the options your have given! mulderm

Wish I could, but I no logner have access to RSView in my current job. Perhaps someone else can assist.

trying to send a key sequence using a macro probably won't work. The macro sends the key to the application not the operating system (it passes thru the OS differently then a pressed key). Since its the OS that controls the screen saver not the app, then the OS won't drop it out and reinstate the app to the foreground. For this you may need to write some code that pushes the key into the keyboard buffer (i've done this in VB for a pc side application). I'll try the macro first and if it works I'll post the code.