Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dank06

NS Programmable Terminal Communication

5 posts in this topic

NOTE: CAN A MOD MOVE THIS TO OMRON SECTION PLEASE A couple of questions: My network is set up in the following way: PC --> PLC --> PT (NS10) 1. Is it possible to download the screens from my PC to the NS10 trhough the PLC? ...If so, how? ... or can someone point me to a resource? /edit: found out how to do this 2. I need to change the port that the NS10 uses to communicate to the PLC from from port A to port B. Do I have to change every single address on the NS10 screens to SERIALB in CX Designer v1.01 or is there a sort of excel file I can export addressing to, change it with find and replace (SERIALA to SERIALB) and import that file back into the NS10? ...everything i've tried is not working. /edit: 3. Is it possible to have a master/slave configuration with two Programmable Terminals (touch screens)? eg PC --> PLC --> PT (NS10) --> PT (NS10) Any help is appreciated :) Edited by dank06

You may have a better chance of getting help if you would explain exactly what PLC you have and what a PT(NS10) is.Generally, the more detail you provde in your question, the quicker a valid answer comes.

I'm sorry, :P PLC is an Omron CJ1M CPU 13 PT = Programmable Terminal = HMI = touch screen NS10 = model of the touch screen We are communicating serially between all devices. Edited by dank06

Sorry I'm a day late on moving it. Somehow I missed your big red note

Use 1:N NT Link and RS422 adapters (NS-AL002):