Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jay Anthony

C200HG Battery Replacement

4 posts in this topic

PM from Last weel (Sorry, John. just got off the road) Battery is in the back of the CPU. You have to demount the CPU to get to the battery. Don't worry! There is a super capacitor which should keep the data for a short while. Pages_from_W302_e1__C200HX_Install_Battery_Repacement.pdf

I once got the advice from Omron tech support and forwarded it to our client to heat the CPU with a heat gun while the battery quit on a C200H. The capacitor probably was exhausted but when it was heated it lasted for hours!

Algeria... Is there a distributor in that part of the world surely.... i am sure that they could point you to some with Omron experience or at the very least provide at a cost the programming software etc...

Thanks for the replies; so far we have been unsuccessful finding anyone locally with Omron experience. Schneider/Square D/Modicon are very popular here, due to the longterm French influence. I understand Omron offered nonvolatile EEPROM memory cassettes for these C200HG PLC's? Is it possible to do a program dump from the battery backed RAM to one of these nonvolatile cassettes in order to get a backup? And if so, where could I source one of these cassettes? I have an OEM P/N (C200HW-ME32K), but received no hits when it was Googled, and nothing on eBay. TIA, John