Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bob O

Outlook Express and Group Names

6 posts in this topic

I am using Outlook express at home and I am trying to send out an email as for a group but only display the name of the group. An example would be if I had a group in my email contact list called “Mrplc members” but in the group, it contained all the registered member of Mrplc. Now when I send out the email I woul dlike it to say To: Mrplc Members instead of listing everyone’s email account. I have created my group and sent out test emails but I haven’t found the trick to displaying just the group name. Thanks, Bob

Do you mean when you're mailing it, or when the people get them. On standard outlook, only the group appears in the TO: section. However, when they arrive the grouping is expaneded and it shows all the recepients. You might be able to write a script or macro that BCC's everyone .

I want just the group name to appear in the TO section and have all the emails hidden you might say. May be it is just me but I don't think everyone wants their email address sent all over for everyone to see.

I think if you send the email to yourself and BCC to the group then no one's address gets shared with others. If like me you have 2 or more addresses try it.

Thanks Bob. I never thought of the BCC angle.

You don't really need two adresses - you can send it to the same address you've told the e-mail client to show when you send it without any problems.