Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gravitar

Is is possible to exclude ranges of memory in Windows XP?

8 posts in this topic

I'm having trouble getting a windows XP Pro computer to recognize an A-B 1784-KTX card. I know the motherboard itself doesn't have a problem with it, because the same system running W98 works. I can't help but think that if I were able to exclude a block of memory like you could with EMM386, I could get Linx to see it. Any thoughts?

Well this is interesting.. I downloaded the KTX diagnostic utility that works in XP, and it seems to work! Still can't get RSLinx to recognise it though. The error message it gives is "Unable to open the device because the process map object could not be created". The A-B knowledgebase just covers the obvious problems when I search for that string. any ideas?

Can't help you out Gravitar but I'm going to move this to the AB Section where we might get the attention of some of the AB gurus

What version of RSlinx are you running? I have had one issue with XP and ver 2.5 and had to download 2.5.1. it would not shutdown and eventually crashed windows XP. Other than that I have not had any issues with Linx and XP before with a KT card. Edited by rammin48

The only times I've had similar issues with RSLogix was when I got in a hurry and selected the incorrect hardware from the drop-down menu. Some of those entries look similar, so I'd suggest a CLOSE examination of your selection vs your actual hardware. Just a thought, you may already have done this. Bill

I'm choosing the KTX(D) selection, just like with W98 (the working configuration).. Unless there's something so blatantly obvious that I've overlooked it, then I think I have made the right parameter choices. I didn't realize there was anything newer than 2.50, I will download the latest. Actually I wanted to explore what would happen if I down-graded to 2.43, hopefully this is still in the RSI downloads page!

Have you tried giving it an interrupt address. It defaults to no-interrupt.(see pages 2-7,8,9) KTX.pdf

i figured if i couldn't get the memory range to work, i wouldn't attempt setting an interrupt :) might be worth a try though?