Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CrazyDanE

Compact logix to Siemens OP270 panel

5 posts in this topic

Hi there, can anybody help me, i want to cornect my Compact logix to a Siemens OP270 panel via E-net. Not sure, but Siemens has not yet made any drivers for this. Thanks CrazyDane

Hello Crazy Dane (from a "normal" dane). I think it is NOT possible to connect a Siemens OP270 to an AB CompactLogix via Ethernet. It IS possible to connect an OP270 to a CompactLogix via serial DF1 protocol. If you choose to do so, the tags that the OP270 has to access in the CompactLogix must be mapped as PLC5 tags.

I am not familiar with the OP270 from Siemens, but if it can do the DF1 protocol then it should be a candidate for 1761-NET-ENI. The connection would look like OP270 to 1761-NET-ENI to Ethernet to CompactLogix with Etherenet.

Maybe that is possible, maybe not. I have never used a NET-ENI, but as fas as I understand, it uses a rarely used part of the DF1 setup ("node ID" I think, or something like that) to let the NET-ENI know which IP addresses to use for transferring the addresses. I would not be too sure that the OP270 supports this part of the DF1 protocol.

Thanks all, maybe i scud use a Panelview+ instead