Sparky

• MrPLC Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Wood Working, off roading, VB and ladder computer programming
    Canada

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:14 AM

using Melsoft GX developer 8.107M and FX2n PLC
i have not used this software for a while and am trying to edit some of the code. Please help.
I am not connected to the PLC at this time. In write mode i double click T3 and change to T4 and click ok. after this i right click screen and select convert. the software waits for a second and then gives me this communication error. "The data which was downloaded from th elc is incorrect. The likely causes areas follows.
the mistake is found in the transfer setup.
the comunications between the PLC and the peripheral is unstable because of the abnormal cable or abnormal H/W or the noise etc.
the data in the PLC is broken.
<ES:01802007>"

how do i edit the ladder without the error message?

#2 Gambit

Gambit

Expert

• MrPLC Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts
    Netherlands

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:17 AM

i have not used this software for a while and am trying to edit some of the code. Please help.
I am not connected to the PLC at this time. In write mode i double click T3 and change to T4 and click ok. after this i right click screen and select convert. the software waits for a second and then gives me this communication error. "The data which was downloaded from th elc is incorrect. The likely causes areas follows.
the comunications between the PLC and the peripheral is unstable because of the abnormal cable or abnormal H/W or the noise etc.

Tools => Options => Select don't write to PLC
The Gambit

#3 Daveinarmstrong

Daveinarmstrong

Sparky

• MrPLC Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Wood Working, off roading, VB and ladder computer programming
    Canada

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:40 AM

Tools => Options => Select don't write to PLC

Thanks Gambit

#4 Crossbow

Crossbow

Automation Engineer

• MrPLC Admin
  • 3714 posts
    United States

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:53 PM

That setting always catches people. I've explained it a thousand times over the years...

They don't bother actually switching out of online edit mode when done online. If you went into Monitor Write mode, this setting was set to 'Write During Run'. To get back out, people just stop monitor. That doesn't switch modes, it just stops the live monitor.

When you are finished in the online edit mode, switch back to the Write mode in the Edit menu (or keyboard shortcut F2). This turns that settings back off. otherwise, you're still in online edit mode.

A friend of mine at MEAU (Mitsubishi's automation branch in the US) made a video on this subject, it's on YouTube. Go to www.meau.com and click the YouTube link, they have quite a few good ones.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users