Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chance85

CQM1H QUESTION

14 posts in this topic

Hello Could someone tell me if an I/O Buss Error would prevent my touchscreen from communicating with my CQM1H plc. What Im doing is trying to make a backup touchscreen for a few pieces of equipment we have, they have Omron CQM1 plc's and NT30 touch screens. I got my hands on a CQM1H plc and I'm trying to get an Eztouch (# EZ-S6W-RS) to communicate with it. The Buss Errors are coming from a missing end plate on the PLC, (I have one ordered). When I connect the screen to the PLC comm port the led blinks but it blinks slowly. And there is a PLC timeout error on the screen. I believe my cable is made up properly and my port settings on both devices are correct. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks

A missing end plate should still allow using the peripheral or host link port. What programming software do you use? Have you made the correct comms settings according to the EZ driver and downloaded them? What are the settings? How is dipswitch 5 on the CQM1H CPU setup? Can you post the cable configuration?

Thanks for the quick reply Programming software is Syswin 3.4 Im using the RS232 port with these settings. Use default 9600, 7, E, 2. Communication mode, HOST LINK EZtouch PLC driver HOST LINK ADAPTER Rev G. Settings 9600, 7, E, 2. I treid pin 5 in both positions with the same result. I also cycled power after changes. Pinout PLC................................................EZ 2.....................................................3 3.....................................................2 4 jumped to 5 5 jumped to 4 7.....................................................5

PLC side connection is not correct. Omron pin 9 is Signal ground, not 7 Please see attached image for pin out information. Hope this will help. Omron_9_Pin_Port.bmp Edited by gtsuport

Gtsuport thanks for the reply Actually I had the signal ground going to pin 9 when I first made the cable. Looking over some of the other pinouts I saw one that had the signal ground on pin 7 (CxxH) and thought I would try it, did not help and I never changed it back. It is on pin 9 now. Still not making any progress. Ill see if I can get some more info from EZautomation. Should anyone come up with anything please post.

Dip 5 should definitely be in OFF position. Try changing the Host link node number. After writing the settings, perform verify to check.

PDL I did as you suggested. It verified successfully but still no communication.

Could you post some screenshots of the EZ driver settings? There is little to none information I can find online.

Forgive my stupid question, but what's the best way to post a screen shot?

Press print screen which copies an image to the clip board Open Paint - then Paste. Edit the image (we don;t need to see the whole screen) save the image as a jpg format attach the image to your post and vola...

Not sure if this work? After previewing the post it appears to have worked. Well at least I learned something out of all this. Is this the driver info you were looking for?

Settings look ok, transmission method should be fine as Host Link is by ASCII as opposed to Toolbus. Have you tried changing Host Link unit number at boths sides and matching? What is the other option at Link Selector?

O.K. looks like I'm getting somewhere. The other setting for the link selector is "multiple". I changed it and the EZtouch software said the panel was connected to the PLC and I'm getting more activity on the comm led. I quess I did'nt read the help file carefully enough. I read through the first part and "assumed" this setting was used if there where more than one unit. From the help file. Link Selector: This must be set to the same as the switch on the Host Link Unit. If set to Single, the Host Link Unit is connected on a one-to-one basis, and the Host Link Unit number is not used. If set to Multiple, a unit number is required and multiple Host Link Units can be connected to one panel. If your PLC does not have a switch for single/multiple link, choose "Multiple" for the Link Selector attribute. I think thats the only setting I did not try changing. Time to to do a little more testing, hopefully this problem is resolved. Thanks for all of your help.

Probably the EZ requires a Host Link 1:N connection as opposed to 1:1. Good job!