Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
David Nelson

DH +

7 posts in this topic

hiya folks, new here and tried searching for what i need but cant find. my problem is this. I have 2 identical slc 5-04 processors and 1 panelview 600 that i wish to hook together so that the PV can communicate with both 5-04's. tried setting node numbers different on comm channel but i still can only control one of the 5-04's. i have rslinx 2.42 gateway and rslogix 6.3 . dh+ is new to me and is most likley something simple. how should these be hooked up? i have them tied together making shure that the polarity is correct. thanks david

Just to review, all of the devices should have different DH+ Node Addresses. Example: PV set to 3, 5/04 #1 set to 1, 5/04 #2 set to 2. The SLC's node address is set thru the channel configuration in RSLogix 500. The node address is set in octal. Take care that you are setting the node address and not one of the link IDs. In the PV program, you'll have to declare two the different PLC's node address through the Communications Setup dialog. On the face os the 5/04s, the DH+ LED should be on solid if the network is sensed to be working correctly.

well i Knew it had to be something simple. i went back after reading your reply and just verify one last time that all nodes were different......the channel nodes were but the processors were the same.so i changed one of them and presto we have communication, i feel like an idiot. but i did learn something from it. thank you sir may you have a great day

You shouldn't feel like an idiot. The only stupid questions are the ones not asked

you're welcome. i wish every controls problem was that easy; it would make all of our jobs easier.

Another basic trouble shooting tool is RSWho, when properly configured, all the running nodes should appear. If you should have four and only three are present, you can narrow down the problem to the missing node. Once they all appear in RSWho, and you still have problems, you know it's not hardware, or channel configuration and can look into your software for the problem. Ken

Thanks, You guys are great. David