TrevorD

SLC 504 and Prosoft AN-X2-AB slow

3 posts in this topic

Hello

We have a machine called a tweedy mixer in a bread plant. It has 3x  SLC5/04 plc's and 2 Xycom industrial pc's running wonderware intouch 7. The system communicates over DH+.

The issue  i have is that the DH+ network is obsolete and we require a new Industrial pc to replace a broken unit. unfortunately you cant not buy an industrial pc with DH+ anymore so we have had to use a prosoft AX-X2-AB to convert from DH+ to Ethernet.  

This network seems to lag though and i would say the commands take around 10 seconds to reach the plc through the prosoft converter.  unfortunately that lag renders the machine completely useless.

i have used multiple PC's and the issue hasnt resolved it self.

I am wondering if there is anything i could check or do to try speed up the network. or if this lag is to be expected. I would also like to know if some one else has a similar system and if its running perfectly. 

I look forward to your reply 

Trevor

I don't think the lag is to be expected at all. We have several places in our plant where we're using an AN-X2-AB-DHRIO to connect an Ethernet/IP-only HMI to a DH+-only PLC. We're also using the same type of module to connect our programming PCs to the PLCs for programming/diagnostics. As a test, my colleague configured a gateway module to connect 3 DH+ PLCs (PLC5, SLC 5/04) to 3 different PanelView+ HMIs and used it to go online with each PLC, all with no significant lag.

Unfortunately, I don't have any ideas of what to check, just that I would not expect to see the behavior you're seeing.

Can you use a CLX gateway Chassis with a 1756-ENBT(or newer) and a 1756-DHRIO modules to bridge the ethernet to the DH+ network?

Alan