denise01

NX-EIC202 Input Address

67 posts in this topic

Have you gone online and downloaded the network? Configurator should tell you how many bytes and so on. I think the safety stuff is confusing the issue and I cannot help there - have never used it.

I think the size of 12 bytes and 2 bytes is correct.  According to the spreadsheet above anyway. 

2 hours ago, denise01 said:

I know my IOs are correct because before I add any standard IOs I can get W13.00 to come on in CXP for ID5442 Card. As soon as I put in a standard I/O the error code appears.

What do you mean by this?  The ID442 is a standard I/O.  Do you mean as soon as you add Safety I/O?  Can you explain what works and then what doesn't afterwards....

I just thought of something potentially wrong:  Did you perhaps have it setup initially with only a few modules and download the configuration to the NX Coupler from Sysmac Studio?  If so, when you added modules, did you download the new configuration?  It is possible to run the NX Coupler without ever downloading the configuration, but once you do download, you need to download again if you make any changes...

Okay Bob,

The safety side works fine as a stand alone it is just when I try to use Standard IOs. I just cant understand why it is still faulting. The Input is 12byte and Output 2 Byte according to Sysmac which I have set in Configurator. The units start at W8 and should finish at W14 according to Sysmac. Do you have an example of a CXP programme with the symbols included to map a CJ2M IP to a IEC 202 as I just don't know what else can be wrong 

Did you read my post just above your last one? We posted right about the same time....

Hello Michael,

The safety I/Os work fine and I can activate Redundancy Contactors through the safety programme. When I add Standard IOs using exposed variables method and assign inputs to ID5442 and download using Sysmac that is when the error code d6 appears. I have downloaded all the parameters in to IEC202 and there are no warnings. and if I put 24v on to ID5442 before I download the standard input then it shows up okay as W13.0 in CXP. Hope you follow me

Aha!  Yes, I do follow you. When you create exposed variables from the safety it adds to the size of your inputs and outputs for the coupler.  When you stated that you have the issue when you add standard I/O, I thought that you meant when you added the standard I/O to the NX Coupler.

Here is the easy way to see your total size:

First, create all the exposed variables that you need.  I have created a single exposed input bit and a single exposed output bit as shown below:

wftAS6m0csS6EAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

If you then go back to the coupler display in Sysmac Studio, you can right click on the coupler and choose display I/O allocation as shown below:

dZp75T0mI8qVFmGa1Q4nSLrysYr6fjVf3b2L6n5b

You can then see this window (I have minimized the unnecessary info in the image):

gZMzn82o0uqtms8ejBQMAAAA2RANOxmLxtloAAAA

If you add up all the sizes (the above numbers are number of bits), you can see that the new size is 7 words (14 bytes) of info.  Notice that the OneExposedBitOut adds 8 bits, plus padding to make the number of bytes even.  This data consumption does not seem to be very efficient as each exposed BOOL seems to take up 8 bits.

The input size would look like this:

A110cv40cwluAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

The input size is 2 words or 4 bytes as shown above.

If I had known you were talking about exposed variables, I could have found your issue much sooner.  Sorry.

Good man Michael,

I did wonder if the Byte size would increase. will let you know of any success.

Regards

Hello Michael. Just to be clear before I try again tonight. Add the new IOs in Exposed Variables and before I assign them to the Standard IOs check the IO allocation in the EIC202 whatever the new Input/Output Byte size is displayed adjust in Configurator to match the new size. Download Configurator into CJ2M and then go back in to Sysmac and assign those Exposed Variables to the ID5442 using Standard IO box.

Not sure if I have to just read the total or add up the bits and turn into Word and then Bytes. Once again hope you follow. Feel as though I am getting closer now

Yes, you are correct.  Add the exposed variables first.  Then check the size and add up the bits.  Take total bits and divide by 8 to get bytes.  Use that number in your EIP configuration. 

Getting there slowly but surely Michael, Will be able to add Sysmac to my CV one day alongside CXP, Supervisor and the NS,NB Screens. Regards

Hello Michael,

My original setting with no Exposed Variables was Input 12 Bytes and Output 2 Bytes. I have just added one Input in the Exposed Variable section. I have not assigned it yet. In Sysmac it is saying the new setting should be Input 12 Bytes Output 4 Bytes which I think is correct 8 Bits input 8 Bits padding. So I have downloaded from Sysmac in to the EIC202. I have then changed the Configurator to 12 Input Bytes 4 Output Bytes downloaded to CJ2M and the error code d6 is still there. The monitor says that the tag size is okay but still an error. I am begging to think that NX Safety and CJ2M IP are not compatible. Am stumped really

The only thing that I can think of is whether or not you downloaded the exposed variable into the safety controller.  The files look good.

Hello Michael,

I have downloaded the variable in to the safety contoller first of all download in IEC202 then I do a debug and validate safety in safety cpu bit Is this what you mean as I cant see a different way to do it. I am not connecting to the CJ2M using Ethernet yet still using USB should that make any difference? It will be something silly that I am doing but of course its not obvious to me.

Ok, try this.  Go online with Network Configurator for Ethernet/IP and choose the Tools Pulldown Menu then Setup Parameters.

Then enter these values in the window:

D9Qm1YJUE0MKAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Tell me what comes up in the Yellow Result Field.

Then repeat with these settings and let me know what is in the yellow Result Field:

w+PD29dxcAXDQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

The number of digits in the field divided by 2 is the number of bytes for each of your assemblies (64 (hex) = 100 and 94(hex) = 148).

Okay Michael will be at work UK 2000 time so will attempt then.

Hello Michael have done the test for settings ,4,64 and 3 result is 00000A000F07FF00700F0000

And for setting 4,94 and 3 result is 00000000

Michael,

Have just gone in to the alarm section on Sysmac and the code says Ethernet Link Off and possible fault Ethernet Link turned off or Baud Rate mismatch. Not sure where Baud Rates are controlled will investigate

Eureeka,

I have it. I hadn't downloaded the programme from Configurator in to the CJ1M. Thanks for your assistance much appreciated.

Regards

Peter 

So what did you do to resolve your issue?

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 3:58 PM, denise01 said:

Hello Michael have done the test for settings ,4,64 and 3 result is 00000A000F07FF00700F0000

And for setting 4,94 and 3 result is 00000000

So, this confirms that it is 12 bytes in and 4 bytes out.

Hello Michael,

The issue is still there but at least now I can put Standard IOs in and download and error disappears. It is when I assign the IOs to ID5442 and OD5256 and download that the error code returns. The Input and output bits are correct I know that, Does the Addressing in the Symbols of CXP have to exactly match the Addressing in the exposed Variables? Also with my configuration of Inputs W8 and Outputs W16 the Inputs W15.00 work in the CXP and on the ID 5442 and the output W18.00 lights up on the OD5256 and in CXP. I don't really understand the difference between the safety programme and the Standard IO programme.

Hope this makes sense

Regards

Michael, I remembered what I did to enable Exposed Variables to be accepted. In one of the Safety PDFs ot tell you to remove the Safety CPU memory and then download the settings so will try later with Standard IOs assigned to their relevant cards

Michael,

When I create IOs in Exposed Variables the Byte size grows because the bits are going in to the safety area. But when I assign them to the ID5442 and OD5256 the IO allocation reduces. Am I correct in thinking that I have to change the Byte size in Configurator as a result of this? The only thing that I can see with the error code appearing when I assign the Standard IOs is that the Byte size is wrong in Configurator.