Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Angel David

How Many Ethernet Cards for ControlLogix can i connect in one ControlLogix processor

6 posts in this topic

Hi There, i have one architecture as shown in the image attach wich is composed of one (1) controlLogix Processor 1756-l73, three (3) ethernet Cards 1756-en2t, two (2) PC with FactoryTalk Machine Edition, and two (2) segments to three (3) of Flex IO system every one as shown in the image. The idea of this architecture is connect everyone segment in different network because the high amount of traffic data and so certify communication with control and supervision loops but i need to be sure to ControlLogix processor allow connect Three (3) ethernet cards in the same rack with different network I know can i change the network of the devices with BootDHCPserver program but i need to be sure to ControlLogix processor allow connect Three (3) ethernet cards in the same rack with different network if you can i help me with this topic i will be very grateful Regards Thanks for your time

Hey, that looks like a Siemens switch, they are not unmanaged.

There only limit to the number of Ethernet modules that can be in the chassis with a ControlLogix is the number of slots, so in theory you could have 16 1756-ENBT or 1756-EN2T modules working with a single ControlLogix CPU. Using separate Ethernet modules to provide increased reliability per segment is very common. Typically, each segment will have its own switch; you wouldn't connect all three 1756-EN2T modules to a single switch and then branch out, because that switch would be a single point of failure.

I can vouch that the COntrollogix will nicely support multiple ethernet cards. Did a job some years ago with one CPU, 7 Net Cards and 128 HMI. I currently often have 1 CPU and an enet card for SCADA 172.B.C.D, enet card for safety IO - 10.10.slot.X , enet card for Drives IO 10.10.slot.x , and control IO 10.10.slot.X. SO thats 4 cards and 4 diffeent subnets.

Thanks so much i will be very grateful with this information, was very useful and solved my problem. but i need install only one switch because dont have more space to field cabling because the channeling for field communication is already built and dont have more space.

Thanks so much i will be very grateful with this information, was very useful and solved my problem.