Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gumpus

Micrologix 1400 Web server

5 posts in this topic

Been a while since I have been on. I am currently working on a project for some stand alone machines that will need remote access for the customer. I am using a Micrologix 1400 that will be connected to a cellular modem via the ethernet port. I have seen some information and sample code about building the user web pages that will display most anything in the data tables. Most of it seems somewhat straight forward for a non web page programmer like me. What I haven't seen is how to manipulate anything from the user web page. I want to be able to change one bit through the web page to be used as a machine enable or disable. I can do it through supplied default pages on the 1400 web server but the customer doesn't need this much control. All I need is to display some counter values, possibly reset them, and the control of the one bit I mentioned. Has anyone attempted this or have some code examples I could look at. As I said earlier, I am not a web page programmer. Thanks for the help in advance.

Can you point us to the sample code. Did it come on disk with the 1400 or did you pull if from some AB or 3rd party website. We can comment more knowledgeablly if we have this information to look at. What you want to do should be achievable. Can't say exactally till UI review the samples you found. I've done this with PLC 5 but not 1400. And I don't have my samples from those years ago. Really need yours to refresh my memory.

I've never used the web server in a ML, but this manual may be of some use: http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=495 It's for a ML1100, but I assume they are similar.

I did something like this recently, I found that the data can OBSERVED from a custom coded "User" page, but the data can't be manipulated from there. The User pages are also quite small, allowing only 2K of code per page. The A/B requirements make this worse by requiring a fairly long prefix for each piece of data. You can cram more in there by removing whitespace before uploading. Manipulation of Data can only be done from the built in pages which can't be modified to be more user friendly.

Thanks for the replies. I was using the sample code from the AB manuals mostly. I was afraid this couldn't be done.