Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bobtalbot

GX-Developer

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if there is any meaning to the "ES" number that is in the pop-up when you get an error message in GX-Developer. Example a customer got a "the range setting is wrong" message and underneath this was <ES:01802005>. Does ths ES # have any meaning, I searched the GX Developer manuals on meau.com and struck out. He was only modifying his prest value of a counter. Changing the coil from C0 K22 to C0 K156. It allows this change off-line so I'm confused why the error is poppong up Thank You Edited by bobtalbot

You may find some answers here. My link Steve

In most cases those error codes only mean something to the programmers who wrote GX Developer. The text of the message is what's truly important. What PLC model is he using? Perhaps its an issue of write protection of EEPROM memory which can only be written with the PLC stopped. Not saying it is, but have run into that before, and sometimes the error isn't real descriptive.

that message is likely not from GX-Developer but from your OS. ES is one of the segment registers in CPU of your computer. It is used to address larger blocks of RAM (one of methods x86 processors use is to pair registers to address more memory). http://smacked.org/d...86Registers.pdf this basically mean OS shut the GX down because of memory violation (trying to access address that was not allocated/assigned to program). according to earlier link tihs can happen if settings are invalid. that suggests that possibly GX does not check if setting was valid or your installation may be corrupt

Panic, at the bottom of some GX Developer error messages is that number. ES: followed by 8 digits hex. I found out from a guy at Mitsubishi tech support that at least in one case with a Q Safety PLC program, the code actually was 2 4-digit hex error codes. But I don't know what each part means, and I am sure it varies between PLC platforms...