Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Stef_pen

error log clear

11 posts in this topic

hi guys, i recently came across two units of c200h which i want to reprogram, i link it to a computer using lk201, i was successful in erasing the old program by replacing it with an empty program with END intruction, but i'm unable to clear the error log and register the i/0 table, this happened to both units, the computer responded by stating the following: 1. the plc is system or password protected. ( sysmac cpt software) 2. the error is still present. ( syswin ) Is the plc busted? thanks guys

Which C200H?

c200h cpu 11, the two cpu's r not linked, they are both installed in separate machines.

Pull the memory modul;e and look at the dip switches on the side of the module. 1: Are they set for write protect? 2. What is the model number of the memory module?

the memory module is C200h-mr-831. it is set as : switch no.1 set to on switch no.2 set to off To simplify the troubleshooting, i removed all modules and left only the lk201 module, i also removed the memory module, when i turned the unit on , the run light on the lk201 turns on , and the plc error light is on, with this configuration, i'm able to communicate to the plc, download and upload program, but i cannot clear the error log, when attempting to remove the error log, the computer responds , error bit not turned on. is there something wrong with the plc? after that i plugged the memory module , and turned on the plc, the error light is on, but the run light on the LK201 module breifly turned on then off, then i tried to go online but the computer responded , unable to cconnect, have i fried the plc? thanks again jay for the assistance

Anybody else got any ideas?

Pardon my ignorance but i thought that the C200H CPU11 did not have any sort of memory hence you had to buy the memory module, the said c200h mr831... Therefore i am a bit perplexed as to how you could upload and download to the PLC... Also it is good practice when adding and removing the old memory modules to power down first. if i think of anything else i will add l8r

If you are wanting to clear the error log, try doing so with LSS. I've had problems clearing errors with CPT that LSS will fix.

Good call Kroz, i was thinking along the same lines on the way to work this morning. Syswin might work also..... Worth a shot...

thanks guys I'll try to do it with syswin or cx prog, if it stil doesn't work, i'll use a hammer!

I have had many problems clearing I/O tables in the old C200H's even using LSS. I have always resorted to using a hand held programmer. In the C200H manual there is a key sequence for doing this. If that doesn't work then try the hammer.