Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sleepy Wombat

Whats going on ?

14 posts in this topic

Here's the situation.. I have a site with 5 cs1cpu42 plcs connected via ring optic fibre link with the cs1w-clk52 cards on each rack..... The main PLC is node 2, the otheres are node 1,3,4,5 respectively... Problem.... I have a standard modem connected to the Main PLC... Back in my office i connect to the main PLC can monitor and program etc... i can also connect to PLCs 1,3 and 5 in the same manner... no problem... However, i can connect to PLC 4 and online monitor, program verify etc BUT when online monitoring to this PLC it does not appear to be diaplaying the correct operation ie a mov is not moving data in to a memory location.. All of the others work.... Yes this PLC is in monitor/run mode and yes the controller link is able to send this data back to the main PLC, however the move does not copy the (analogue value in this case) to the controller link word, yet i can force the controller link word and it is reflected in PLC 2 the master... Yes i have checked for duplicated address and yes i have check for an indirect write over to no avail.. Just to prove it to myself i created a new rung with a simple mov and a new address and same error..... any ideas will appreciated Thanks

hmm, was there a power outage at all??? I had something similar but i was connecting a c200h to a cqm1h via control link (clk21). They lost power and when power came up the control link card in the cqm1h had to be reporgrammed?? I had the same symtoms. I could connect to the c200h plc via modem and i could look at the program in the cqm1h but they would not share data with each other, so i just reprogrammed the control link card in the cqmih and everything worked. Can you do the same thing with the fiberoptics card?? By reprogramming i had to tell it what dm areas were being shared. ~Andrew Edited by Fear_me

I sure that the power has been dropped, in fact i just got them to recyle the power hoping it might fix the problem (and yeh i bought a lottery ticket cause i thought i had just as much chance of winning as this solution would work).. I would agree with your synopsis if the data was not been passed down to the main PLC however it is ie controller link seems to be sharing data... But you might be on the right track and i will need to re-register the data link table in this PLC. who knows.. any other ideas ? anyone ? thanks

Did you force using a connection through Node 2 or are you connected directly to node 4? The answer to the above does not necessarily constitute a solution. Just curious....

Do you have the MOV statement wired in NPN or PNP configuration?

Now Bob... You know he's color blind and can't tell blue from brown....

I normally use pink and brown for DC Jay. Perhaps I should send him my standard colour chart. By the way, we have talked about it. Never seen that before. Be interesting to find the cause. Edited by BobB

The only advice that you try to bestow on me about pink and brown Bob is comparing Snooker to Marriage...#####...... Time to take the yellow pills again Bob... I don;t know where this thread is going to, but i hoping to find sime clarification on the original problem.. oh well heres hoping.....

This basically eliminates anything wrong with the datalink tables. Can you use something like an increment on the controller link word and tell us the results? Also is the mov statement in an unassigned or untriggered task?

Found the error......... Someone on site neglected to tell me that they have modified the program by putting an END statement in the middle of the program............. ARRRRGGGHHHHHH ! (The familar catch cry of Charlie Brown ) So of course any logic below it would not work......

I'm not sure if I would have thought of that one...we gurus sometimes forget the simple things.

Ok, you found the problem, good job! Now the question is: Why did someone put an end statement there??? ~Andrew

BTW i know him quite well and i got a number of funny looks in the office when i read this and chuckled to myself for about 5min. FYI I repliaed with the following pic... (This was FATSO the wombat the unoffical Sydney Olympics 2000 mascot)

The be all to "END" all eh? :-p