Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nguyenthanhcanh

CX-Programmer individual license only available in junior version?

7 posts in this topic

Our company have bought and used many versions of CX-P. From CX-P V3.0 to V6.0, we bought the packages with part number WS02-CXPC1-EUP-Vxx --> everything ok (CX-P supports all PLCs up to that time). But now we buy a new package with part number WS02-CXPC1-EUP-V72 --> CX-P only supports CPM1/1A/CPM2*/SRM1/CJ1M/CP1L/CP1H. Does any idea for this matter? Edited by nguyenthanhcanh

Hi It sounds like you have received CX-Programmer Junior - by mistake, maybe?? CXP 'full' supports all PLCs

Yup, That'll be the Junior version. I'll check, but I believe that certain regions now only sell CX-P junior as a stand alone product, meaning that for CX-P (Full version), you'll have to go the CX-One route. Like I say, I'll check this, but whatever - you do have the junior version. By the way nguyenthanhcanh, the title of your post is a little damning don't you think? (Your company may have ordered the wrong part number!) Edited by anonymous

Have to agree with anonymous here, the content of the post doesn't fit the topic title. I modified it to a somewhat more friendly title...

Hello Again, As far as I am aware, CX-P cannot be purchased as a stand alone application at all in Europe. It's CX-One, or CX-One Lite (containing CX-P Jnr). For the Americas, CX-P Jnr is available, CX-One is needed for CX-P full. I'm not certain as to the situation with Japan / Asia Pacific, but I would suggest contacting your local distributor for clarification. Hope this helps clarify things a little bit! By the way, thanks PdL!

CX-One only in Australia now but the ugrade price is quite reasonable when compared with other 'full' packages from other manufacturers. I work for myself and have absolutely no objections to the upgrade prices being charged.

Thank you all for the explanation.