Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobLfoot

Panelview 1400e Question #2

6 posts in this topic

We have a Panelview 1400E application in which the F8 key has been programmed as a Start - Stop Button for the process in question. When the alarm banner pops up the exit key is also F8. You guessed it occaisionally operators doubletap the F8 when clearing an alarm and accidentally Start or Stop the process. Option 1 is to reassign the start stop function to another unused button F13 for example. Option 2 would be to reassign the Alarm banner Exut to an unused button F16 for example. I know I can do Option 1 but it will require multiple edits. Is it possible to achieve option 2? If so, How? And Yes I've read the OP Manual and Panelbuilder Manuals. They did not shed any light on the issue.

I am not aware of anyway to accomplish option 2. I never tried this with the alarm window, but in simular situations I have had the PLC read the "Screen Number to PLC" (PLC I/O Control, PLC Control), and on critical items I have put a Time delay between a change of screens and PLC functions.

Dont know why the same key has been assigned in the first place. As far as Option 2 goes, should be possible in my view. Try practically and see what comes about. I have worked on only 4-5 projects with PV+, and since ME Studio has very limited functionality, it is a good idea to re-check one's work on the actual terminal itself, spending some extra time at design time, rather than get into any issues later, as it is a pain to edit / multiple edit, and download / multiple download runtime file to PV+. I am sure you would be aware that RSViewMEStudio does have a test mode, so that these type of issues can be debugged in design mode itself. It took me also a few projects to realise this. Now I completely test my app in design mode on my laptop before venturing to the actual PV+.

Sorry read the product as PV+ not PVe. My mistake.

you have to go with option 1 Option 1 is to reassign the start stop function to another unused button F13 for example. I hope its a default Funtion key

I kind of figured Option 1 was the only way to go, but this forum had taught me more about PV 1400E than the manual the last time I had an alarm history issue so thought I'd check all bases first.