Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cyberdead

B to I fle copy on PLC 5 / 40

6 posts in this topic

OK here’s my deal, I'm converting an application from PV1400 to a Red Lion screen I've gone trough lots of trouble just to try and make the less possible changes on the PLC program and make it easy to go back in case of trouble, the PV was connected trough RIO so it used actual I/O I learned the hard way that the Red Lion Serial protocol can not access so I converted the I/O to B’s to be accessed by the RL, the thing is that I’m getting flickers on my I’s, I blamed it at first to the COP instruction and changed to individual XIO OTE and still getting the on and off situation on the Histogram, I have already disabled the RIO interface in case you’re wondering, first thing I had to do to make it work. The other odd thing is the addressing when I do the COP from O to B files the upper 8 bits seem to be shifted any body knows how is copied cause the COP does not do type conversion and I/O is octal and B is hex Is there a way to map I or O files to another file? Or the B files? Jorge

Your PLC may be overwriting the I/O data tables asynchronously to the serial comms to the new HMI. You should get away from using real I/O entirely with the Red Lion. Just make a backup for use with the old HMI in case you need to revert. Then search and replace the old HMI Input and Output addresses with your newly chosen ones. Yes, there may be more changes to the PLC code as a whole, but the project will be cleaner as a result and you will have fewer head aches.

I thought of that but I just whant to be certain and if there where ways around that...

Disable all extendard Force file you have assigned Integer in extendard Force file

This is what rpraveenkum is refering to Printing__Create_extended_force_file_for_BTR_BTW_CIO_instruction_.pdf Printing__Delete_an_extended_force_file_.pdf