Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
geoorge

eurotherm 2208e

12 posts in this topic

see another issue that i have is with the eurotherm controller over device net, in my slc i try to get some values using implicit messaging, the i:6/15 never changes, i dont know if i have to enable some options in the 1747 scanner or somenthing, as far i know the m0 224 and m1 224 must be used, but in my ios list on the 1747 i only have values for m 0-160

In the advance settings in RSlogi'x I/O configuration, you size the M files for the SDN module. What is the settings in your project?

hi in the rslogix i have 361 as the size of the m0/m1 file is 361, but when i see the scanner in the rsnet in the scanner properties input and output, i only see m1:6.0-m1:6.149 i have the firmware version 4.026 for the 1747-sdn

Slow down and explain what you're trying to do in the first place. The M1:0-149 and M0:0-149 sections of the 1747-SDN "module files" are an extended data storage area for ordinary implicit DeviceNet I/O data. The higher sections of the Module Files are for status, explicit messaging, and passthrough. The M0/M1 size of 361 has nothing to do with your Eurotherm device's I/O data connection. Describe what you expect to have happening, and describe any status indicators that might be shown on the Eurotherm device and on the 1747-SDN.

Sure Ken, See when i map (m0 30) the Eurotherm 4 output bytes i can only get the value of the temperature. In order to access to more values of the eurotherm i need to use explicit messaging, and send 6 words and get four, but i doesnot get the expected value 70 transaction ID 257 71 Port 00000000 00000110 Byte Size 6 72 Service (14) 00001110 00010110 MacID (22) 3606 73 Class 00000000 01100100 Class=100 100 74 Instance 00000000 00000001 Instance =1 1 75 Attribute 3 for example and i Get Transaction ID 257 81 Port 00000000 00000110 Byte Size 2 82 Service 10001111 00010110 MacID (22) 83 Value but the Value is always cero, no matter what shows the eurotherm display. there is one bit Scanner Input file I:6/15 in the SLC, and eurotherm says that i had to send a word with the value of 259 to reset the input, but i never goes low.

Class 0x64, Instance 0x01, Attribute 0x03 is Parameter 69, Summary Status Output Word. If you wanted Parameter 3, that's actually Attribute 0x01. Both of those parameters have a default value of 0. Which actual parameter are you trying to read ? Two important tips: 1. RSNetworx for DeviceNet has a "Class Instance Editor" tool that you can use to check the Class/Instance/Attribute object addresses before you start using DeviceNet explicit messaging in the SLC-500. 2. The newest "Series C FRN10" firmware for the SLC-5/03,04,05 controllers has a DeviceNet Explicit Message (DEM) instruction that makes DeviceNet messaging much simpler than the old format.

Thanks for that tip, didn't know that.

I took a moment to think about geoorge's statement that "the I:6/15 never changes". Bit 15 of the first word of the Input data table of the 1747-SDN is the "Explicit Message Response Available" bit. When you're doing explicit messaging, this bit comes on when the reply from a message is available. To make the bit go to zero again, you need to clear the incoming buffer with a transaction clear command. In the first word of the explicit message command block that geoorge is moving to the M0 file, there is a value of 1 in the first byte. This tells the module "execute this explicit message transaction". When you substitute a "4" for that first byte, that tells the module "clear this explicit message transaction's results". Geoorge described his first word of the explicit message as being value 257. In binary: 00000001 00000001 In hex: 01 01 In decimal: 257 That means he was sending Transaction ID =1 and the transaction command = 1 (execute this command). To clear this transaction ID's data from the incoming M1 data file (which sets I:6/15 = 0 again) he needs to send Transaction ID =1 and transaction command = 4 (clear this TXID's transaction). In binary: 00000001 00000100 In hex: 01 04 In decimal: 260 If all this stuff sounds like a very complicated method of messaging to you, you're not alone. The DeviceNet Explicit Message (DEM) instruction in the newest Series C/ FRN10 firmware for the SLC controllers encapsulates all this handshaking and TXID management into an easy-to-use single instruction block. It's always worth upgrading your controller if you need to program DeviceNet Explicit Messaging with the SLC-5/03, 04, or 05 controllers.

The "eurotherm says I need to send a value of 259" makes sense too. That would send a transaction command of 3 to the 1747-SDN, which should clear all the explicit message transactions, not just Transaction ID #1. binary 0000000100000011, hex 0103, decimal 259 As to why it's not working, when geoorge describes all the right conditions, I couldn't say without examining the program and the devices myself.

Dear Friends, Im working in a manufacturing facility for GM, so i will review the logic of my ladder in order to 1.- make clear, when to send the 259 or 260 value to de M0 in order to clear the transaction 2.- im going to place the Eurotherm controller as an Slave without master. attached you will find 1.- the rss file with the aplication example 2.- the eurotherm devicenet pdf file (note i have the 2200 controller) 3.- the devicenet file I hope that so meone will find a little time for help, i will apreciate any comment Dev_027506ENG_3.pdf RSS_Files.zip 659728.DNT

Geoorge, it looks like you posted old sample files from Eurotherm. Is this really the program file that you are running ? Because these devices are "Group 2 Only Servers", you must have an I/O connection between the 1747-SDN and the Eurotherm device in order to send explicit messages, so you cannot set up this as a "slave without master". Rockwell Automation does have sales and support offices in Mexico, especially around the GM factories. Have you spoken with anyone from Rockwell about this application ?