Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rpraveenkum

Indirect addressing in RSL5K

8 posts in this topic

How to program the Indirect addressing in the FBD inRSL5000

Hi Rpraveenkum Can you give an example of how you are trying to address. The most common error with Rs5000 is you can't index with a multi-dimensional array. Example MyArray[MyIndex] is good MyArray[MyIndex[3]] will not work

I want to do some thing like this

Hello In a Database: You have to create an array of DINT ( for example TABLE[10] ). And you create an index as a Dint ( for example INDEX ). In FBD Routine : You will be able to use in FBD like this : TABLE[iNDEX]. Use Limit on INDEX to avoid problem with indirect adressing. Bye

I have done same as you explained DINT is an array & TE & TE1 are Index they work fine with Ladder But showing error with FBD

Hello, You are right, I have just checked that the result was correct. I send you an ACD file example with a step between your operation. It is not possible for this kind of instruction to recieve directly an indirect adressing ( in FBD ). My ACD file is in V15 version. Bye test.ACD

One way to get around this is: 1. Create dummy variables to pass to function block routine. 2. Jump to routine passing indirectly addressed variables as parameters. 3. Return result. Example attached fbd.ACD

Thanks for all