Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Duane

Trouble using RSL Compare

6 posts in this topic

I'm trying tonight to use RSL Compare to see what changes have occured over the last couple of days that our staff and that of the OEM have made to a packaging machine. The program RSL Compare works because I've tried it on other projects. I get the message stating "Library Not Registered". Not sure where to go from here, any help ont there? My first post, but have been lurking for years, I've learned alot from you all, thanks

Does the message go on to tell you what library. In windows lingo library usually means DLL file {dynamic linked library} I'd advise attempting a re-install of compare on this machine. Speaking of machines, what OS and CPU is your PC?

I have tried to reinstall the compare already, same message after re-install. this isn't a XP Pro message it comes out of the compare program after I place the two files I want to compare, hit run, small windows with the blue bar graphs do their work and just when you think you will get the two side by side compare screens thie message comes up about the library not registered. This program works on other files (.ACD) just not on these.

Is this compare utility for RS 5000 revision specific? I have version 13.03 that I installed the compare utility from. Will this work on eariler revisions?

Duane this doen't resolve your RSLCompare issue but it might solve your original problem. Save each Project file as an *.L5k type file. THis is the logix 5000 text version. Try opening it in Excel or word just to see what you get. BTW RSL compare converts to this before comparing in the background. Then try an ascii compare tool. I like beyond compare and they still offer a free trial. You might find you differences. They'll be in mnemonic and it will take a little work to translate it back to program routine and rung, but I have done it before.

What Version of RSL compare utility you are using? Check Attachment for more Info about RSL5K compare utility RSLogix_5000_Compare_V2_2005_05_09.pdf